Our pigs are raised on pasture, which allows them to eat bugs and grasses while their manure feeds the grass which then feeds the cows. We rotate them to fresh pasture weekly which ensures they always have plenty of forages to eat as well as a clean living area. The pigs are fed certified non-GMO grain that is grown without pesticides, herbicides, or synthetic fertilizers.
How to buy
Pork is sold by the cut at our farm store and by the quarter pig (see pricing and info below).
Farm store prices:
bacon ends $15.50/lb
jowl bacon $15.50/lb
smoked ham steaks $14.50/lb
linked sausage (breakfast, hot, & sweet) $14.50/lb
loose sausage (breakfast & sweet) $12.50/lb
ground pork $12.50/lb
organs (tongue, heart, kidney) $9/lb
neck bones $7/lb
soup bones $3/lb
fatback or leaf lard $2/lb
Items listed in orange are currently sold out.
Quarter pig info:
We are sold out of quarter pigs for 2020. We will start taking orders for 2021 in August 2021.
- A quarter pig consists of a variety of cuts - see below for a detailed list. Everything will be frozen, vacuum-packed, and boxed up for you.
- Quantity: at least 30 pounds of meat. This will take up around 2 cubic feet of freezer space. (Most home fridge/freezer units contain 4-6 cubic feet of freezer space.)
- Cost: $390, to be paid at pick-up.
- Pick-up will be on a weekday evening in early October - we will give you the exact date at least a week in advance.
- To order: Send us an email at email@example.com. We will confirm your order and then be in touch again later to get your choices for the various options.
Here is a list of the cuts you will receive and approximate quantities of each. The exact quantities may vary depending on the size of the packages.
4 packages bacon
5 packages pork chops
6 packages sausage and/or ground pork*
1 package ribs
1 shoulder roast**
2 smoked ham steaks or 1 smoked ham roast**
1 package fatback (for lard)
1 package soup bones
* For the sausage you can choose any combination of breakfast, sweet Italian, or hot Italian. You can also choose linked or loose sausage, or any combination.
** You have the option of swapping out your shoulder roast and/or ham for more sausage if you prefer.